I have received a lot of questions lately on how to add a signature, a website link and social media icons to an email, so I thought I would share HOW TO via pictures.
1. Go up to the upper righthand corner of your Gmail and click on the gear icon.
3. Scroll down the options to signature and click on the Signature option. I have a signature in mine, but if you do not it will be blank.
4. Start typing what you want to include, to make anything link to a website or social media account, highlight it.
5. Click on the link button
6. Type in the website you want it to link to. Click OK. Repeat for all accounts you want to link to. These are called hyperlinks.
6. To add your fancy branded signature or logo click on the image icon.
7. Click upload image and then select your signature, logo or social media icon to include here. Make sure the any image you load is saved with a transparent background as a PNG.
8. After the image is loaded you will get a small box and wonder where the heck your image is. This is where people lose their minds. I get it I did too. Just delete the box. and go back to the image icon (the one from step 6).
7. Instead of selecting upload this time, select My drive. And the Image you initially uploaded lives there. That's why step 6 actually needs to happen.
8. Select your image. You may have to scroll down to see it if you have a bunch of folders.
9. Ta Da... the Image appears. If it is too large or small click on it and you will get options to adjust the size.
10. You can highlight any image you upload and hyperlink those too- i.e. if you want to load a facebook icon (like the one above) and have it link to your FB account or load your logo and have it link to your website.
After you're all done, scroll down and hit save changes and you have yourself a fancy, branded signature.
I hope this saves you a headache or two. Let me know if you have any questions.
Helping you see what's possible,